Dang Alarm Clock!

My sleep was interrupted by my alarm. Still asleep I reach over and slapped my phone to snooze. I thought to myself, I still have plenty of time. Ten minutes later, I'm interrupted again by the alarm. Still with a foggy head I reach over and snooze. I told myself I can sleep for another ten minutes, I just won't have time to style my hair. My bed and pillow felt sooooo comfy, it was still dark and it was the perfect temperature that it was worth another ten. I layed and smiled and thought I'll have to sacrifice going about my day with a messy bun because now I really won't have time to straighten or curl. Which was fine cause my messy buns looked to me more like a sassy bun :) I lean over to snuggle my pillow and I'm awoken by a stiffness in my neck. Then I realize that this isn't my work alarm waking me it's my medication alarm. My smile disappears from my face. I won't have to bother with deciding whether or not to straighten or curl my hair cause I have no hair. I stare into space, frown and begin to feel sorry for myself. I slowly sit up, with a stiff neck and back, to the edge of the bed. Grab my pill, place it on my tongue, reach for my water and drink my pill down. I lay back slowly and gently on the pillows that are strategically placed to cradle my back and neck. A few tears glide down the sides of my face. Then I quickly think of my son and my family and my friends which put a smile on my face. I open my eyes looking up towards the ceiling and thank God for giving me another day. I don't know all the answers but I know this......i'm Alive and I whisper "Thank you".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me