CT results | Metastatic info

Well, I did not expect bad news. It's taken me a couple days to....accept the results of my CT scan. I try not to think of it cause I can't stop the tears of frustration. When your oncologist who is sitting on a stool with wheels rolls up close to you and puts their hand over your hand to give results you know it's not good news. There are no significant changes in the size of my cancer spots/cells, however there is some new growth, spots in the upper lobe to my right lung. She says they're small spots, they're smaller than the size of a grain of rice. Well, last time I checked a grain of rice was pretty big to me when you think of it as cancerous. I'd  rather they be microscopic. Well, as you can imagine I began to sob. I let out a heavy breath of frustration. My treatment is going in the opposite direction. It's supposed to be shrinking my cancer not letting it spread to other organs!
The thing with Stage 4 cancer is that it's "life long" there is no possibility of an "end" or "remission". I won't die from a cancerous lump in my breast. It's when the cancer spreads to a vital organ and that organ cannot due it's function.


Comments

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Jeannette. My prayers are with you, remember to be positive and leave into the hands of our Lord. I love you friend and will continue to pray for you and your family. Keep strong & postive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that Jeannette. My prayers are with you, remember to be positive and leave into the hands of our Lord. I love you friend and will continue to pray for you and your family. Keep strong & postive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all cheering for you. May our love give you strength!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me