ER visit

Well, I hadn't been able to eat for over a week. I had this very full feeling in my tummy. I was extremely fatigued to the point of faint or dropping to the floor with diarrhea every day all day. My mom secretly watched to make sure I had at least 4 bites of whatever they were having for dinner. I finally came to the hospital I was extremely dehydrated with kidney failure and my liver was out of whack, a small uti and belly infection just to give you a general rundown. So I was admitted.
Still having diarrhea everyday all day. Trying to eat the hospital food which was pretty tasty.  
Well, last night I finally threw up. My food was being collected in a nook or crany in my stomach. The fluid was coming out in the form of diarrhea but not the solids. Needless to say I immediately felt better for about an hour but then the stomach cramping started up again to where I was crying and nausea was the worst. I didn't throw up everything and what I had left made me feel horrible. I had a really bad night with having to go to the bathroom every hour and being in there a good 30 minutes at a time. I seriously thought about bringing my pillow in there with me. By 8am the morning after I began to feel some relief. What was in my stomach was now making its way into my intestines. Still abdominal discomfort but I noticed my bowel movements were a bit different which was a good sign that things were moving into the right direction. I was able to drink water without feeling full. Water never tasted so good. I was parched. I skipped breakfast, lunch and dinner today because of the nausea and cramping but also because I needed to sleep. I'm thinking I might be well enough to have breakfast in the morning. They are still working on getting my potassium up, no signs of infection, liver doing ok and I believe my kidneys are ok now which is great news. 
What I'm really craving is frosted flakes with almonds and sliced banana and a cup of Joe. I'm guessing I'll be here for at least two more days so hopefully by Tuesday but I don't want to leave until I'm well. I don't mind the hospital, I get some of my best rest here and being on the cancer floor the nurses really take good care of you.
Not being able to eat for over a week is stressful because I'm a big eater. I love Italian, Mexican, Greek and of course American. I can't wait till I'm well enough to have salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden, chicken pepperoni from Zios, the enchilada plate from JalapeƱos or a burger from Whattaburger or a steak and baked potato from Texas roadhouse or Bill Millers bbq or Schlotskies sandwich or pizza or a classic Mediterranean salad. Lol! That's alot of food! Can you tell I'm hungry! :)
Hope to be feeling better in a day or two. Thank you to all who visited me (not today, it was a bad day) and prayed for me. I love you guys!

Comments

  1. I suggest decrease the processed sugar intake, Jeannette. Start assisting your body by giving it dense nutrients by juicing; and help eliminate the toxins in your body with coffee enemas. www.treating-cancer-alternatively.com/Coffee-enemas.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me