Removing the dressing





     Well, I just got a bath from my RN Angie here at Main Methodist. Pain management has been controlled fairly well considering that I have about a 16 inch scar down my back with staples holding me in place. My doctor wants the dressing off and to let it "breath". 


        So basically, I had another woman wash my entire body, crevices and ALL. (and I mean all). Let me start off by adding that I have no desire to "be with a woman" ever, but it felt very comforting having her help me wash.  I wasn't embarrassed ever at any point during the shower.  She just might be one the best RN's I've come across.  Aside from Alabama (Sidney) on cancer floor #8. She was a lil ray of sunshine,  still is, as I think of her today. Definitely need to go say hi/bye at some point. 
Nurses do not get the credit they deserve.  They truly are angels on earth!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me