The Beginning

          Well, it's a beginning at least.
I met my oncologist, Dr. Couch and I like her. She seems passionate and shows compassion to my situation.  She explained everything, of which most went right over my head. Thank goodness I had my sissy with me to absorb information. It's one thing knowing you have breast cancer (from a mammogram, ultrasound, or biopsy) but when you actually sit down and talk about test results and starting a chemo therapy treatment plan with your oncologist the realization sinks in and it sinks in hard.  Tears started welling up in my eyes and the largest lump swelled in my throat. I had to tell myself to take a deep breath (in thru the nose out thru the mouth), take a deep breath, (in thru the nose out thru the mouth), take a deep breath..... Her mouth was moving but everything went silent.  I stared at the painting on the wall of a single yellow rose and I thought of my grandma and I thought,  "give me strength grandma...I miss you so so much"

          Basically, I have a PET Scan and a Muga Scan(?) this Friday and my surgeon will put in a central line where they will administer the chemo.  My oncologist feels I should be able to start chemo in 2 weeks.  She estimates I will be on chemo for 6 months. I should begin to lose my hair 3 weeks into it. She suggest I cut my hair short to get used to it considering my hair is thick and down to my butt.  When my hair begins to fall off I'm prepared to shave it.  My hair is the least of my worries.
I just want the cancer out.

Comments

  1. Hang in there. You won't be dealing with this alone. You have family and friends who will support you during this journey. Keeping a positive outlook helps with recovery. Stay POSITIVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my family is praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Beautiful darling girl , how I wish this had never happened to you. I can't tell you how much this is breaking my heart,knowing the tough road you have ahead of you. You have lots of friends and family who are Praying for you and will continue to Pray for you along your journey . Just know we will be with you every step of the way. You are not alone ,you have a beautiful Son ,Family and friends . We all Love you ,stay strong my darling girl and stay positive . Don't let despair overwhelm you or steer you into depression . You will make it through this ,for you are a strong person . Your Granma is praying for you I know as she used to pray for all of us when she was here with us. Your Granma went through this and your Aunt Mary and they made it through the long journey . So will you ,I know it ! Hugsssssssss tight my lil girl, Mamma loves you with all her heart and soul .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mom. I know I will be wearing a "survivor" shirt at the end of this all. The journey will be hard I'm sure but you know me, when I make up my mind to do something I do it.

      Delete
    2. Yes I do know that mija ...With Gods Grace ,you will be wearing that survivor short . Remember not only do you have all of us praying for you , you are never alone daughter . God is with you on this journey . Hugsssss Mamma and daddy love you ..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me