Sleep finally! & Sister Time

          Last week I just concentrated on getting rest and finishing my medication that I was given from my hospital stay (antiviral & antifungal). I would say my throat is almost healed but I feel a little something in there. I'm not eating or drinking "normal" yet. I have to chew, swallow and drink smaller portions. If not my throat feels slightly irritated and swollen. I hope and pray that that feeling goes away by this Friday when I have my 2nd Chemotherapy treatment.
          Last Friday and Saturday I spent the night with my sister. It felt strange to sleep on a bed. I've been sleeping on a recliner that doesn't recline anymore, or in a hospital bed reclined at a 45 degree angle (because of my back) since March. So, yeah it was strange. I just piled up the pillows layed back gently and tried to find a comfy spot. I still have a stiff feeling in my back and neck from my surgery and I'm still weaning off the neckbrace. I can only move my head up/down and side to side a couple inches. I feel like I can "feel" the hardware (pins, rods and screws) in my back. Once I found a good spot I fell asleep and slept for hours! It felt so good and refreshing! She felt bad waking me up but I had to take my medication at 9am. I fell back to sleep and then we had to get up to go to mom's for father's day weekend. Mom had turkey with all the fixings! I spent Saturday night with her and again had great sleep. So, we decided that I would spend 2 days a week with her on her days off and the rest of the week at mom's. I'm happy to be getting some good sleep and a change of scenery every once in awhile. We plan to make one of the two nights a movie night. Which I'm happy about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me