Spinal Surgeon Appointment

Well, I spoke with Dr. Jude and he said I could start weaning off the neckbrace! Hallelujah! (or so I thought). I took off the neckbrace and sissy said, "look! no more double chin!" Lol That made me smile. She said she needed to borrow it to get rid of hers. I nervously touched my neck and it felt so weird. I know it might sound funny to you but I literally either have the hard plastic neckbrace on or the soft collar one on. Even in the shower I do a quick wash of my neck and the soft collar goes on and stays on till I switch back to the hard one.  I haven't been without a brace since my surgery on March 27th. So yeah, it felt weird to touch my neck. It was probably 15 minutes without it and I started getting the worst headache. Half my face, my head, neck and down to my shoulders. My head felt like a bowling ball and my neck was a noodle. I had to put the brace back on. I loosened the velcro just enough to give me some support. The next day I put on the soft collar and I haven't taken it off yet. I'm going on 3 days. I don't want to have a stiff neck. I want to have movement. I just don't want to get a migraine either.  I will make an effort to be without it 10 minutes at a time. Let's see how I do.
Also, when I touch the back of my neck I can feel the screws just under my skin. That feels weeeird! Can't wait for my sissy to feel it. She thinks I'm crazy cause I told her I can "feel" the hardware inside my neck and back. Now she can too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me