CT 5/24/16

Man oh man did this week go by sooooo fast. I had a few appointments scheduled. I'm happy I did cause I got alot done.
          Tuesday the 24th I had a CT scheduled at my oncologist office.  The tech said I needed to drink at least 1-2 quarts of water before I could do the test and I didn't know. Luckily I had a large plastic cup of water but my throat was so sore. I sipped as much as I could as fast as I could wincing between each swallow. I must of drank about 8 ounces in 5 minutes cause I could only "seep" the water as opposed to "swallow" (does that make sense, I imagine it feels kind of like having strep throat) He kinda looked at the clock on the wall and I knew he had a schedule to keep.  I apologized and explained quickly about my throat.  My appointment was at 1215pm and maybe I was taking time away from his lunch? Who knows, he said I drank enough and took me back. I had a few request because of my neckbrace and not being able to lay back flat yet without some help. I need to have a rolled up towel for the crook of my neck OR the pillow needs to be folded in half cause it's too thin for me and I can't lay flat without my brace. I also asked if he could stand to my side and put his hand behind my neck and lay me back gently because I'm still fragile from my spinal surgery. I asked if i could hold his free arm for support as I layed back slowly. He hooked me up to get me ready for contrast. I tell you, you can really feel the contrast go in cause it just warms your body internally. It felt like I was about to pee myself cause the warmth. I know that's a weird thing to say but I want to document everything I remember. After I was done he slid the table from out of the "tunnel". He said I could get up but I called him over and had a few more request before getting up. I first apologized but asked if he could bring me my neckbrace and put it on my legs cause I like to put it on soon after sitting up cause my neck feels unstable. I asked if he once again can put his hand behind my neck and gently support my neck as I sit myself up, i asked if i could grab his free arm for support. I sat up and felt a bit dizzy. I reached for my brace and put it on. I was still on the table letting my brain settle down from feeling disoriented. He swiftly walked over to the door, opened it and stood there holding the doorknob. After adjusting my brace I looked over and said I was sorry (for taking long) I just felt a bit dizzy. He didn't say anything just stood there. I got on my feet and kinda halfway stumbled to the open door where he stood.  I asked him if he had other patients with as many request as I did. He paused and said no. Lol. I asked his name (which I can't remember, I think it was Mike) THEN he said, BUT EVERYONE'S DIFFERENT. I then smiled, and I walked out.
          The radiation still had lasting effects on my body, still some residual fatigue and I don't like walking with a walker or a cane cause mentally it makes me "feel old" so I just take small brakes if I have to walk a distance. I walk down one hallway and stop, catch my breath and wipe my forehead and upper lip from any beads of sweat. I walk down another long hallway and again stop for a break and so on and so forth.
          People see me and externally I look fine I look the same (except my neckbrace and my hair is short and will be gone altogether in a few weeks) but internally my body is going thru so much. I've had so much done and been through alot so far and have so much more to go.

#TeamSweetJean Fundraiser

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me