Back to Mom & Dads House

          Mom and dad welcomed me at the front door with sincere smiles. I walked in gingerly, making sure to watch my every step because I still have to wear my neckbrace and the driveway is somewhat uneven with the lawn as is the front porch. All the plants and flowers strategically placed along with the lawn decorations/chairs and stepping stones.  It's really quite pretty if I do say so myself. Daddy holds back the door along with the doggies (1shorthaired &1 longhaired chihuahua) and mom holds open the glass front door.
          I step in slowly taking a deep breath and I think to myself, here we go.  I walk through the living room making my way to the den to take a look at my sleeping quarters. Lol. My aunt Vera and her husband Steve bought me a recliner where I would spend alot of my time. During the day I would spend most my time with daddy, he never fully recovered from his stroke in 2012. He has his own recliner in the den and I think I'm pretty caught up with The Little House on the Prairie, the Andy Griffin Show, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, The Hallmark Channel, Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens!!! Lol lol. My mom bought a pink twin bed set for my recliner. It looks so pretty with the pink fitted sheet and pillow case filled with colorful owls. Mom has taken great care of me and helping me wash my hair and back during my showers.  Helping me dress and making sure I was ready when either she or my sissy would take me to my weekly appointments with my Physical Therapy, oncologist, radiologist and surgeon. 
          Dr.Jude my sergeon and Dr. Couch my oncologist have cleared me for radiology and Dr. Lin, my radiologist will coordinate appropriately. I still have to wear my neckbrace for another month according to Dr. Jude, he also wants me to discontinue physical and occupational therapy at the facility where I was getting it because they had me take off my neckbrace and move my neck in ways that I shouldn't have been. I even questioned them and made it known I was very hesitant and I asked them if they were sure I was supposed to be doing the things they asked me to, but they assured me.  I mentioned this to Dr. Jude and it's definitely not in the orders and I got the feeling that someone was going to hear from him.  The phrase "The shit's about to hit the fan" came to mind.  They could have done additional damage, the absolute worst being paralysis I thought.  Everything else seems to be coming along.
          Momma makes sure I'm fed and showered and comfortable.  She truly is an angel. Heaven sent. I don't know what I would do without her and my sissy for taking me to my appointments and making sure my prescriptions were/are filled.  My son comes to visit me a few times a week which makes me so happy. I can't believe it's been going on 3 weeks since I've been staying with my parents.  


#TeamSweetJean Fundraiser

Comments

  1. So sorry this is happening to you sweetheart. I will be keeping you in prayer as well as your son/family. Happy Mother's Day sweety... xoxoxo
    -Cherise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. 🌹 It's been rough but I'll get through it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't want chemo I NEED chemo

CT Results

Aches, withdrawal & depression, Merry Christmas to me